The Hilton Head Island in South Carolina is termed one of the world’s top golf community areas. Not just because it is a luxury destination, but the evergreen nature and subtropical climate will beg you to have a vacation 12 months long.
All about Hilton Head Island
Hilton Head Island in South Carolina is the largest barrier island in the south coast, off the Atlantic ocean. It is between the long island and the Bahamas covering about 42 square miles. It is home of some of the country’s leading championship golf courses. As a matter of fact, it was designed by such titans of golf course architecture as Tom Fazio, Arnold Palmer, Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and Rees Jones, as well as fantastic solo designs by Pete Dye and Jack Nicklaus. If that is not enough, it was voted as the best in continental U.S three times in a row. It is pretty splendid.
Amenities and resorts
Hilton Head Island has over 80 resorts available for its customers. They offer 12 miles of pristine beaches and an exemplary retreat for everyone.
Some of their best features include:
- 24 hour manned gate for security reasons
- Open airy floor plan
- Vaulted ceilings
- Plenty of natural lighting in the rooms
- Cable TV with premium channels
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Private patio in every house
- Pleasant bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-unit laundry machines
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool
Among other added amenities that are available per package, additional fees may be included with your golf vacations Hilton Head Island, SC.
Activities With such an exquisite island, there is a myriad of activities for those that do not want to play golf.
- Taking a look at the arts and museums on the island. They have the coastal discovery museum that is very common for its historical and cultural teachings of the low country.
- Bike rides – the Hilton Head Island has over 100 miles of bike lanes and paved, flat trails for riding. The guests can take bikes on rental and take rides around the island. It is one of the highest ranked activities on the island.
- Beach photography – the environment on the island is just amazing meaning you should not miss a picture.
- You could visit the breweries, distillers or the wineries. Actually, this is more like enjoying the nightlife on Hilton Head Island and is amazing. They have a harbor town lighthouse where you can chill and each the sunset among other resorts that offer great nightlife.
- Family fun deals like a visit to the Cove community park. andquot;You could also do a lot of stuff on water like; fishing or water sporting, sailing, dolphin tours, kayaking or fish chartering.
- Visit the marinas.
- Shopping is definitely an activity, especially for golfers. Grab yourself those fantastic shorts from over the 60 shops.
- Take up golf of cos and tennis by the courtyards. The Palmetto Dunes offer three beautiful courses to play on.
Great hacks for your golf vacation
A golf vacation should relax your mind, bring back some joy in your life and add up memories for you. The Hilton Head Island is just the place for that. Below are the best tips you should definitely try and experience one of the best golf vacations you have had.
- Take advantage of the golf packages offered by the Hilton Head Island. They always out up sales offer where you get a double deal on playing golf and discounted accommodation at their 5-star resorts.
- Play as much golf as humanly possible. Why else would you go there? They have over 20 courses for playing and they all fit the championship levels. Best part if it all is that they also offer lessons and classes by their PGA certified instructors. You will be playing the game like a pro in no time.
- Always choose the best time to go out on the vacation, in terms of peak time and weather conditions. The resort may have warm temperatures that are perfect but there are seasons that will just add the icing to the cake. Here is a quote from the director of golf sales at one of the resorts. The peak golf months on Hilton Head are April, May, and October, but the best value months are March, September, and November when the weather is perfect for golf (65 to 80 degrees) and package pricing is reduced for the “shoulder” seasons. The best golf value by far is during the summer months when playing late in the day on a twilight-rate special. Pricing is reduced up to 40 percent off of peak spring and fall rates for golfers who prefer to play late in the day (after 2 p.m.). Golfers should avoid the first halves of June and August due to course aerification, and the very end of October due to overseeding.”
- Take up as many activities as possible. There is a wide array of adventure and wildlife just waiting for you to explore. You could choose land or water thrilling activities like sailing or ziplining. You cannot miss something to do at Hilton Head Island.
- Try out the laid back lifestyle on the island. The low country is known for its relaxed state, so try out the lifestyle and get yourself a fabulous vacation.
- The beaches, visit the beach every day. The white sandy beaches with extremely beautiful sunrises are definitely worth the vacation. You could even take up surf lessons on the calm surf.
- Last but not least, come ready for a taste of the southern culture. The food served there will make you want to vacate at the Hilton Head Island every time. They serve local staple like the oyster roasts and low country boils to the southern classics of shrimp, grits and fried chicken. You will love the food there.
Taking a golf vacation at the Hilton Head Island is definitely worth all the money you will pay because you will not regret anything. They have activities for all with a specialty of golf with the 3 awarded winning courses at the Palmetto Dunes and accommodations at their five-star resorts with up to date facilities and amenities. All there is to say is if you want to have a great golf vacation, timing is everything, choose a time you will be willing to let yourself go and relax because the island has a lot to give to its guests.